Monday, May 16, 2011

Classy Blanket for a Classy Lady

I have a friend expecting a baby and I knew the perfect gift would be a Faux Chenille Blanket.  This lady isn't a cutesy baby type but a sophisticated, classy lady, not someone who can be defined by the baby they carry so I set out to make a blanket tailored for her.  The sex of the baby is unknown so gender neutral was necessary.


Here's the front, black and sleek.

The yummy, soft chenille on the inside

And a couple extra shots.  
It's hard to tell from the photos but this blanket is quite striking and the chenille side ends up being almost surprising.  I love the simpleness of the colours.

Hopefully she loves it as much as I do.
I'd forgotten how much I love making these blankets, I'm already looking forward to the next one.

If you haven't seen the blankets I've made in the past you can check them out here.


Linking To
Monday - C.R.A.F.T., Making The World Cuter, Polly Want a Crafter, Simpsonized Crafts, Sugar Bee Crafts, Sumo's Sweet Stuff, The Girl Creative   Tuesday - All Things Related, Creative Itch, Domestically Speaking, It's Sew for YouLadybug BlessingsSassy Sites, Today's Creative Blog, This & That, Topsy Turvy    Wednesday - Blue Cricket Design, Me and My Bucket   Thursday - A Glimpse Inside House of Hepworth, It's Sew Stinkin Cute, Somewhat Simple, The Train to Crazy, What Allie's Making Now   Friday - Creation Corner, Finding Fabulous, Tatertots & Jello, The CrEaTiVe CraTe

6 comments:

Rebecca@This Present Life said...

I love the look of these faux chenille blankets. I haven't attempted one yet, but after seeing how cute yours have all turned out, I really want to give it a go. And I love that you made this one for your friend that isn't your typical "baby colors" blanket.

Saw you at Polly Want a Crafter!

Melissa said...

that turned out beautifully! I made one a while back, but the faux chenille is not as neat as yours looks!!

http://itssewforyou.blogspot.com

Misty @Creative Itch said...

I love the look of this blanket...very classy!! Thanks for linking @'Sew Cute Tuesday'!

DIYbyDesign said...

Wow, what a great look. It turned out really beautiful. Thanks for sharing at my Swing into Spring party.

Jen said...

Very stylish. Found you at DIY by Design. Looking forward to linking up with you.
Jen
www.shimi.com.au
http://shimistore.blogspot.com/

Just Jaime said...

Looks amazing! Love the faux chenille!