Thursday, December 23, 2010

4 Things

We've gone away from home this Christmas which means I'm not at home with my craft supplies meaning there has been no crafting and no fun blog posts.  We'll probably be here until New Years so posting will be light.

Michelle posted this cute Christmas list on her blog and I thought I'd post it as some Christmas filler, enjoy.



4 Christmas shows I watch:
1. A Christmas Story (it's even better if I get to watch it with my siblings)
2. White Christmas (although I always end up being surprised how boring it is)
3. Christmas Vacation
4. This year I watched Garfield's Christmas Special for the first time and it was pretty special, perhaps I'll have to add that to the yearly program.

4 Christmas things I am passionate about:
1. Music - in our house we've been listening to Christmas music since October
2. Cornbread on Christmas morning
3. Spending time with family
4. Not getting so caught up in the stress of everything.  I try really hard to be relaxed about things and not fit in too much, we only do the things we want to do.

4 Christmas phrases I say a lot:
1. Merry Christmas!
2. Brad, what do you want for Christmas?  (He's so difficult to buy for)
3. I'm excited for you to open your present (When I finally come up with something to give Brad)
4.What are your plans for Christmas? (the small talk of Christmas season)

4 things I have learned from the past Christmases:
1. Brad is really difficult to buy for
2. I'm a decorating scrooge
3. When making treats for the neighbors deliver them earlier.  This year both neighbors on either side were out of town by the time I was ready to deliver their gifts.
4. Taking a 15 month old to a live nativity that's significantly busier than you expected (meaning you have to wait in line for 40 minutes before you can see a 15 minute performance and you won't really get to see the performance because the over tired and cold 15 month old will start to cry and you'll go back to the car and watch Sesame Street on your iPhone instead) is NOT worth the trip and will not leave you feeling anything but angry and frozen.  This was the lesson learned tonight that I will carry with me for some time.

4 places I'd like to go for Christmas
1. I'd love to spend Christmas with my entire family, it's been at least 15 years since we've all been together.
2. I'd love to go to Hawaii.  Out of all the places I've vacationed that was my favorite so I'd love to spend Christmas there with my family.
3. Next year I'd like to be right were I am this year only in our own house, not guests at my in-laws.
4. One year we went to Disneyland for Christmas.  We camped and woke up Christmas morning in our tent, opened stockings and then went and rode rides all day.  That was a fun day that I wouldn't mind doing again.

4 Christmas things I did yesterday:
1. Went Christmas Caroling with family
2. Helped eat a massive Toblerone bar
3. Packed up to be gone for 10 days
4. Delivered treats to the one neighbor that hadn't gone out of town yet

4 Christmas things I am looking forward to:
1. Being able to enjoy Brad's gift with him
2. Christmas dinner with all the Hudson's
3. Giving Renee and Rhiannon their awesome gifts
4. Helping Catie unwrap her gifts

4 things on my Christmas wish list:
1. A tart pan.  It's been on my wish list for the last couple of years, maybe this is the year.
2. New tweezers for my serger (the ones I have are real crummy)
3. A palm sander (I happen to know this one is under the tree and I'm so excited to own my very own)
4. An olive oil dispenser for my dish soap.  I love the way they look and have been so tempted to go buy one but since it was on a wish list I had to hold off.  If Santa doesn't bring one I'll go buy one.

Merry Christmas everyone, I hope your day is lovely and filled with family.

0 comments: