Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Turkey?

Different families bring different traditions so this year at Granny and Grandpa's I had the strangest Thanksgiving dinner I've ever eaten.

Asian (Ichiban) salad, green beans, asparagus, broccoli, funeral potatoes and ham. I could have had the traditional turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy and stuffing but the other stuff looked so exciting. I was pleased with my choice at the time but now I'm seriously craving some turkey and potatoes.


This year I'm feeling especially thankful for our little Catie Mae and for the amazing family we're surrounded by. Thankful for all the time we can spend playing games together and the baby free shopping trip the girls took this weekend. Thankful for Brad and how willingly he gets up with Catie on the weekend to let me sleep. Grateful for Lethbridge and our lovely home (minus the construction in the basement) and all the friends we've reconnected with down here.

Looking forward to what the near future holds and can't wait to spend more time with family and friends.
L

1 comments:

Jenny said...

On Saturday night, I made my (whole) family a lovely dinner of Risotto, chicken and grean beans.

We had turkey dinner on Sunday, but I think I liked the risotto better...it was so good...