Thursday, October 22, 2009

An Actual Post

Okay I realize I'm taking a chance here, this is going to be controversial at at least one of you will emphatically disagree but I'm bringing it up anyway because I just don't get it.

The buzz has been surprising, the publicity it's gotten right from the start helped with the jump start I'm sure but I just don't get it. There's this show on tv and everyone is raving about and I know at least 3 friends that proclaim it their favorite of all time and I've watched it feeling I was missing out if I didn't, feeling that it would somehow enrich my life but it's just beyond me. I don't understand why everyone loves Glee so much. I think the story lines are unbelievable, I don't get the cheer leading coach at all and as lovely as the music is do they have to lipsink so badly? The characters are trying to be quirky but instead I think they're just unbelievable, I mean that wedding dress, seriously?

I do have this problem with following a crowd and perhaps that's where this is coming from but I don't get the show.
L

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I totally agree I have not figured out what all the hype is about this show....so I will join you in unconformity and not be watching this show

Jane said...

I totally get where you're coming from; Glee is completely and utterly ubelievable in every way...which is probbaly why I like it so much but, at the same time, I don't think it's trying to be believable. It's different, delightful and painfully predictable but I can't help myself. Don't worry - as far as guilty pleasures go, Buffy still takes the cake!

Jenny said...

I have lost my voice completely from singing along (at the top of my lungs) to my two favorite songs from the show that I downloaded.
For me it is the music...I don't even pay attention to the lip-synching because it is the actors themselves who are singing, but like any musical ever made, the songs are obviously pre-recorded.

I agree about the wedding dress, and a lot of the plot-lines...the fake pregnany thing especially is too crazy!!

But. The music makes me ridiculously happy.

Plus, the main teacher is pretty darn hot, despite his character's penchant for rap music...Bust a move, anyone?