Tuesday, March 4, 2008

I'm disappointed...

I present you with this wonderful holiday, a holiday that's a joy to celebrate and I get such a tepid response. But it's Middle Name Pride Day... the third annual Middle Name Pride Day! Does that mean nothing to you? You've been invited to become part of my tradition, I want to share it with you. You mock me with you're lack of a response...

There's still time, it's not too late... you still have almost a week.
Let's come together and spread the joy and love of the season :)
L

5 comments:

Unknown said...

This is the worst holiday ever, it's specifically designed to harass and humiliate those of us who were born different. Some of us don't have middle name, why can't we be respected? Why do we have to be second class citizens? Are we not people too? If you prick us, do we not bleed? Do you not hear our cries? Feel our secret shame? Curse this day, and all it stands for!

Denise said...

Sadly, I don’t have a middle name either. So while I would love to celebrate a day that expresses the pride I have for my middle name, I can’t.

When I got my tonsils out the nurse who was making my hospital bracelet asked me what my middle name was. When I told her I didn’t have one, she just stared at me and said, “We can’t just leave that blank. I will put ‘n’ for nothing.”

Laura said...

Must we all suffer because you're parents didn't deem you worthy of a second name?
You live in a world that is dominated by the middle name... adjust, or make one up.

Laura said...

p.s. I swear I know the difference between your and you're

Horsiegal said...

Hey! My name is Laura Wiebe too...but I'm an Aquarian who lives in Illinois. My middle name is Ann, but even if I didn't have one, I wouldn't care.