Tuesday, November 13, 2007

A Handprint on My Heart

I've heard it said
That people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led
To those who help us most to grow
If we let them
And we help them in return
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you

So much of me
Is made of what I learned from you
You'll be with me
Like a handprint on my heart
And now whatever way our stories end
I know you have re-written mine
By being my friend

I’ve been listening to the soundtrack to the musical Wicked a lot right now and today this song really hit me. There are so many people I’ve know who are with me now “Like a handprint on my heart”. I am who I am because of the people I’ve known. Just a few that have made a difference in me:
  • Brad
  • Nathan
  • Chris
  • Irena
  • Dave
  • Tekarra
  • Jamie
The list goes on and on, thank you for making me, me
L

0 comments: